Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chalet Girl (2011) - Romantic Comedy


Rating: 4/10

Summary: After the death of her mother Kim (Felicity Jones) gives up her skateboarding career, in order to support her father (Bill Bailey) she takes a job in the Alps as a chalet girl, where she falls in love with her wealthy boss (Ed Westwick) and snowboarding. 

I really did not like this movie, and was extremely disappointed because I absolutely love Felicity Jones. Really, there was nothing special about this I felt like I was watching an ABC Family Christmas
movie, that's how cheesy it was. Under the circumstances Felicity did a good job, but that did not make up for anything else.

The script was totally predictable, it was funny at times, but it wasn't laugh out loud funny. I also wasn't really impressed with Ed Westwick, I know he is a popular-ish actor, but he showed no promise in this film. This film was nothing more than a feel-good-almost-funny-but-not-really-beacause-the-writers-tried-too-hard-comedy.
I really did not like this film. I do not recommend it. I love Felicity and she did ok, but it was not a good movie. I give it an F


No comments:

Post a Comment